A Sense of Home
The Young Adult Ministry at Willow Chicago focuses on helping 18 to 30-year-olds desiring to grow deeper in their faith and relationship with God. We do this by emphasizing the love and sacrifice of Christ, but also by highlighting the difficulties of life that often interrupt our attempts at having a real and lasting relationship with Him.
Rich or poor, black or white we are all part of God’s Kingdom. Belonging to a community of believers that is diverse both in ethnicity and background not only makes for an awesome learning environment, it is also Biblical.
"Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. " -1 Corinthians 12:12
You CAN Sit with Us
When you walk in to a worship service for the first time link up with a member of our CONNECT Team (if they haven't found you first) and they will guide you to the Young Adult Section of the Auditorium.
More than Sunday
For us Church shouldn’t just be a place to go on Sunday that will give us a boost and make us feel good about ourselves. It is a place that people can be real, open, and honest while studying the Bible and trying to look more like Jesus. We do this via
• Small Groups: Groups are the anchors for helping 20 & 30-year-olds here at Willow Chicago, connect with God, connect with one another, and connect with the city of Chicago. Without those anchors in your life, it is easy to drift away. From God, others, and from your commitment to the city of Chicago. We also have a quarterly, 3-month Bible Study.
Check out our small group opportunities here.
• Service: Through service, engagement, and getting involved in the overall systems that make Chicago go lead to a greater commitment to the community of Willow Chicago. Ultimately making Willow Chicago a less transient community, among this demographic.
• Conversations, Conversions and Excursions (Programming & Events)
- YA Conversations: real time, Christian conversations about modern day realities facing young adults
- YA Conversions: spaces of meaning created for transformation: mind, body & soul
- YA Excursions: trips to learn and live in community with one another
To learn more about the Young Adult Ministry contact: Rob Campbell