RELATE Module 1:
Right-sizing the Gap—What to do when relationships disappoint
A three-week workshop with Scott Vaudrey
7–9 p.m. | Tuesdays, January 30, February 6 & 13
When a relationship with someone important to you falls short of what you hoped, what can you do? How can you navigate your disappointment with a loved one, friend, or coworker—and move toward a more rewarding relationship?
In this Tuesday-night workshop, you'll:
- Gain clarity about what's really going on in the relationship—and what you really desire for the future.
- Learn tools to improve the relationship when your desires collide with current reality.
- Discover practical steps to help you narrow the gap between you and the people who matter most.
- Find hope as you discover how to balance accepting others with protecting yourself.
RELATE Module 1—Right-sizing the Gap is the foundational workshop for the 2018 RELATE series:
- RELATE Module 2—Origins: When Your Past is Present | 7 p.m., Tuesdays, April 24, May 1 & 8
- RELATE Module 3—Boundaries + Bridges | July 2018
- RELATE Module 4—Difficult Conversations | Fall 2018
To receive an email when registration for these future RELATE modules opens, SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Who should attend RELATE Module 1: Right-sizing the Gap? Anyone who has relationships with people! This workshop is especially helpful for:
- Anyone who has experienced hurt or disappointment from someone important—a friend, family member, co-worker, boss, neighbor, significant other, or spouse.
- Anyone curious about how they might be unwittingly contributing to relational gaps.
- Parents—especially of teen or adult children.
- Leaders of any kind—group leaders, volunteer leaders, staff teams, bosses, managers, coaches, teachers, ministry leaders, and more. (Basically anyone who works with people!)
What's the format? Each session is a mixture of high-challenge teaching from Scott and practical table discussions led by trained facilitators.
Can I attend with a friend, my spouse, or my small group? Yes! Invite each person to register, then plan to arrive together at 6:30 p.m. on the first night. A host will seat you together. (If someone in your group wants to become a RELATE facilitator and lead your table discussion, they can EMAIL DEB to learn more.)
Can I attend by myself? Yes! Plenty of people choose to attend by themselves. On the first night, a host will seat you at a table with one of our trained facilitators, and you'll get to know a few new friends during these three sessions together.
When? 7–9 p.m. | Tuesdays, January 30, February 6 & 13
Where? The Activity Center at Willow Creek South Barrington
What's the cost? $15 per person.
How do I register? REGISTER HERE.
"When I feel disappointed or hurt by someone, I now know how I can respond in helpful ways."
"Gaining insight into how my past still affects my relationships gives me freedom to live differently going forward."
"I finally understand why certain things trigger me—and now I can do something about it!"
"My son and I finally had the conversation we've been needing to have for years."
Past RELATE events
Through RELATE workshops hosted at Willow South Barrington, you can engage in practical, high-challenge teaching with Pastoral Response Director Scott Vaudrey.
- Build better relationships with those you love
- Keep difficult people from tanking your day
- Navigate conflict with kindness and confidence
- See God's hand in every part of your story—past, present, and future
Watch the three-week RELATE Midweek series here.