South Barrington REBUILD: Finding life after loss
When you're grieving the death of a loved one, a divorce, or a pregnancy loss, where can you turn? REBUILD workshops offer comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after the death of a loved one; a finalized divorce; miscarriage or stillbirth. Our ten-week core workshop is offered twice a year (winter/spring and fall). REBUILD also hosts topical workshops on helpful grieving at other times during the year.
REBUILD for Teens: Students in grades 9–12 can attend REBUILD's core workshop as part of a teens-only group led by a trained facilitator. Students hear the same large-group teaching as adult REBUILD participants, and their table leader then guides their discussion at age-targeted levels. Note: For students 17 and younger, registration must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
At REBUILD's core workshop, you'll be seated at a table based on the type of loss you've experienced. We offer tables for these types of losses:
- Teens who've experienced the death of a close friend or loved one
- Death of a spouse
- Death of a child
- Death of a parent
- Death of a sibling, other relative, or close friend
- Loss of a pregnancy (miscarriage or stillbirth)
- Divorce loss for women
- Divorce loss for men
If you would like to be notified when registration opens for the fall 2020 session, click here.
What to expect
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a loss similar to yours
- Tons of practical tools for helpful grieving
- Insight for how to connect spiritually through your loss
The next session will begin on September 16, 2020.
- Registration fee: REBUILD asks for a $15 registration fee to cover workshop supplies. Scholarships are available.
- Programs for kids: Child Grief Support (kindergarten–grade 5) and Midweek for Kids childcare (infants–grade 5) are available.
To learn more about REBUILD or to volunteer, email Erin Feffer
Child Grief Support (Kindergarten–Grade 5)
Kids tend to grieve differently from adults. This ten-week program, offered at Willow South Barrington in conjunction with REBUILD, helps kids (kindergarten–grade 5) who are grieving the death of a parent, sibling, close relative, or friend.
What happens at Child Grief Support? Children engage in age-targeted activities that help them express and process their loss. Games, drama, art, journaling, storytelling, and imaginative play are led by compassionate leaders who understand kids and loss.
When: TBD - This workshop is currently on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you would like to be notified when the next Child Grief Support workshop is scheduled, click here.
Contact: Erin Feffer | (224) 512-1744
Grief counseling for kids: Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who can help people process a significant loss. Ask for a therapist who specializes in child grief. Learn more.
Find a grief or divorce therapist.
To find a licensed counselor who can help you in this season, call the church at 847-765-5000 (9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday––Friday) and ask to speak with a response pastor. Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who specialize in helping people process a significant loss, such as the death of a loved one, infertility, miscarriage/stillbirth, or divorce.