Find life after loss
When life deals you a deep loss, where can you turn?
REBUILD workshops offer comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after a significant loss—such as the death of a loved one, infertility, stillbirth, or a miscarriage. REBUILD offers its core workshop each winter and fall, and hosts topical events and classes throughout the year.
What will you experience in REBUILD's core workshop?
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss.
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a similar loss.
- Practical tools for helpful grieving and spiritual guidance for understanding where God fits in your story.
Fall 2017 REBUILD: Finding life after loss
The next session of REBUILD's core workshop begins September 13, 2017. To be notified when this workshop opens its registration, subscribe here.Additional opportunities for grieving your loss
Workshop: Learn to Steward Your Story
This four-week workshop from Willow's discipleship team guides participants in better understanding their life story through the use of the Listen to My Life curriculum. Taught by Joan Kelley and team. Begins at 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 26. Learn more.
Grief counseling: To find a counselor who can help you in this season, call the church at 847-765-5000 and ask to speak with a response pastor. Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who specialize in helping people process a significant loss. Learn more.
To learn more about REBUILD or volunteer, contact Chrissie (224-512-1827).
ARCHIVE: Winter/Spring 2017 REBUILD: Finding life after loss
Dates: 7:30–9 p.m., Wednesdays, January 24–March 29
Location: Blue Sky 2 (From the water wall in the Main Lobby, go down the stairs and turn right.)
Miss a session? The audio file and handout for each session will be linked below in the week following each session.
- REBUILD 1 | Am I alone? What's normal? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 2 | Will I survive? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 3 | How does grief affect me? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 4 | Can I manage my grief? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 5 | How do I express sorrow? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 6 | Where is God in my story? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 7 | Where are my people? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 8 | Where can I find practical help? Audio | Handout
- REBUILD 9 | How do I handle the holidays? Audio | Handout
Child Grief Support
Kids tend to grieve differently from adults. This ten-week program, offered at Willow South Barrington in conjunction with REBUILD, helps kids (kindergarten–grade 5) who are grieving the death of a parent, sibling, close relative, or friend.
What happens at Child Grief Support? Children engage in age-targeted activities that help them express and process their loss. Games, drama, art, journaling, storytelling, and imaginative play are led by compassionate leaders who understand kids and loss.
Note: Those registering for this core workshop also will be included in the Handling the Holidays workshop described below.
Volunteer for Child Grief Support.
Contact: Kirsten Hitchcock 224-512-1791
Grief counseling for kids: Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who can help people process a significant loss. Ask for a therapist who specializes in child grief. Learn more.