South Barrington REBUILD: Finding life after loss
When you're grieving the loss of a loved one, where can you turn?
REBUILD's core workshop offers comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after the death of a loved one, infertility, stillbirth, or a miscarriage. REBUILD offers this nine-week workshop twice a year (winter/spring and fall), and also hosts topical events and classes on helpful grieving throughout the year.
NEW! REBUILD for Teens! Students in grades 8–12 can attend REBUILD's core workshop as part of a teen group facilitated by a trained Student Impact staff member. Students will hear the same large-group teaching as adult REBUILD participants, and their table leader will guide the content and discussion at age-targeted levels. Note: For students 17 and younger, registration must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
Winter 2018 REBUILD
7:30–9 p.m., Wednesdays, January 24–March 21
To register for the type of group that best represents the loss you've experienced, click on its link below:
- Death of a parent
- Death of a spouse
- Death of a child
- Death of a friend or other relative
- Death of an infant/loss of pregnancy
- REBUILD for Teens (for students in grades 8–12 who are grieving the death of a family member or close friend)
What will you experience in REBUILD's core workshop?
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss.
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a similar loss.
- Practical tools for helpful grieving and spiritual guidance for understanding where God fits in your story.
- REBUILD offers groups based on the type of of loss people have experienced: Parent, child, pregnancy (infertility, miscarriage, infant), spouse, and relative/friend.
To learn more about REBUILD or to volunteer, contact Leigh (224-512-1585).
Winter 2018 Child Grief Support
Kids tend to grieve differently from adults. This ten-week program, offered at Willow South Barrington in conjunction with REBUILD, helps kids (kindergarten–grade 7) who are grieving the death of a parent, sibling, close relative, or friend.
What happens at Child Grief Support? Children engage in age-targeted activities that help them express and process their loss. Games, drama, art, journaling, storytelling, and imaginative play are led by compassionate leaders who understand kids and loss.
Contact: Kirsten Hitchcock 224-512-1791
Grief counseling for kids: Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who can help people process a significant loss. Ask for a therapist who specializes in child grief. Learn more.
To find a licensed counselor who can help you in this season, call the church at 847-765-5000 (9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday––Friday) and ask to speak with a response pastor. Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who specialize in helping people process a significant loss.