Fall 2019 | South Barrington REBUILD: Finding life after loss
Note: To be notified as soon as registration opens for the Fall 2019 session, subscribe here.
When you're grieving the death of a loved one, a divorce, or a pregnancy loss, where can you turn? REBUILD workshops offer comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after the death of a loved one; a finalized divorce; infertility, miscarriage, or stillbirth. Our ten-week core workshop is offered twice a year (winter/spring and fall). REBUILD also hosts topical on helpful grieving at other times during the year.
REBUILD for Teens: Students in grades 9–12 can attend REBUILD's core workshop as part of a teens-only group led by a trained facilitator. Students hear the same large-group teaching as adult REBUILD participants, and their table leader then guides their discussion at age-targeted levels. Note: For students 17 and younger, registration must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
At REBUILD's core workshop, you'll be seated at a table based on the type of loss you've experienced:
- Teens who've experienced the death of a close friend or loved one
- Death of a spouse
- Death of a child
- Death of a parent
- Death of a sibling, other relative, or close friend
- Loss of a pregnancy (infertility, miscarriage, or stillbirth)
What to expect
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a loss similar to yours
- Tons of practical tools for helpful grieving
- Insight for how to connect spiritually through your loss
How to register
- Check back to secure your spot--or to be notified as soon as registration opens, subscribe here.
- Registration fee: REBUILD asks for a $15 registration fee to cover beverages on each of the ten evenings. Scholarships are available.
- Programs for kids: Child Grief Support, Awana, and childcare are available for your kids (infants through grade 8).
To learn more about REBUILD or to volunteer, email REBUILD Director Leigh Carlson.
Child Grief Support
Kids tend to grieve differently from adults. This nine-week program, offered at Willow South Barrington in conjunction with REBUILD, helps kids (kindergarten–grade 6) who are grieving the death of a parent, sibling, close relative, or friend.
What happens at Child Grief Support? Children engage in age-targeted activities that help them express and process their loss. Games, drama, art, journaling, storytelling, and imaginative play are led by compassionate leaders who understand kids and loss.
Contact: Katie Franzen 224-512-1791
Grief counseling for kids: Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who can help people process a significant loss. Ask for a therapist who specializes in child grief. Learn more.
Find a grief or divorce therapist.
To find a licensed counselor who can help you in this season, call the church at 847-765-5000 (9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday––Friday) and ask to speak with a response pastor. Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who specialize in helping people process a significant loss, such as the death of a loved one, infertility, miscarriage/stillbirth, or divorce.