Compassion & Justice Local Serving Opportunities
Let's be FOR North Shore by serving our local community!
GROCERY DONATIONS FOR FAMILIES IN NEED
Our partners at C24/7 typically run an after-school program that serves meals to under-resourced kids. Now, they are delivering bags of food to families in need. Help us provide groceries for families with food insecurity in Rogers Park, Chicago! Grocery donations are ongoing and can be delivered any time to Willow North Shore, 2200 Shermer Rd, Glenview IL. Drop-off outside entrances A and D.
SERVING THE POOR
• UR Chicago Job Development Program: Serve as a mentor or trainer and help individuals in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood escape poverty through employment. CONTACT: Deb at [email protected].
• A Just Harvest (Ages 12+): Serve a meal at this soup kitchen in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood. CONTACT: Kim at [email protected]
• Exodus World Service (All Ages): Help newly arrived refugees get settled into their new Chicagoland homes. CONTACT: Bridget at [email protected]
SERVING THOSE IN PRISON
• Cook County Jail: Serve men or women as part of a Bible study team. CONTACT: Kathrine at [email protected].
• Pen Pal Ministry: Be a friend and spiritual coach to incarcerated individuals. Kathrine at [email protected].
SERVING VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
• Stepping Stones: Help women trafficking survivors at a local residential home. CONTACT: Deb at [email protected].
• New Name: Outreach to at-risk women and girls in the northern suburbs (female volunteers) or participate in Helpline Call Center targeting male clients for intervention (male volunteers).
Contact Janet at [email protected] to learn more about the serving opportunities above.