Compassion & Justice Local Serving Opportunities
SERVING THE POOR
• UR Chicago Job Development Program: Serve as a mentor or trainer and help individuals in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood escape poverty through employment. CONTACT: Beth at [email protected]
• The Harvest Food Pantry (Ages 12+): Help guests check in and shop, distribute food, and stock shelves at this food pantry in Evanston. CONTACT: Brad at [email protected]
• A Just Harvest (Ages 12+): Serve a meal at this soup kitchen in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood. CONTACT: Kim at [email protected]
• Casserole Crew: Bake a casserole for dinners provided at an after-school program in Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood. Casserole drop-off is at Willow North Shore. CONTACT: Connie at [email protected]
• C.A.R.S. Ministry: Donate a used car to Willow Creek’s C.A.R.S. Ministry and support a single mom or other deserving individual in need of transportation. CONTACT: Brad at [email protected]
• Willow Creek Bicycle Ministry: The bicycle ministry is a Care Center ministry that is dedicated to providing very affordable transportation to people for whom a car is not an option. Donate your bicycle or learn more about how you can be involved. CONTACT: Antje at [email protected]
SERVING REFUGEES• Exodus World Service (All Ages): Help newly arrived refugees get settled into their new Chicagoland homes. CONTACT: Bridget at [email protected]
SERVING THE ELDERLY
• Maryhaven Presence Nursing Home (All Ages): Visit residents at this Glenview nursing home who do not often receive visitors. CONTACT: Bridgette at [email protected]
• Glen Oaks Nursing Home (Ages 5+): Participate in a monthly social and worship gathering in Northbrook. CONTACT: Elena at [email protected]
• Cookies Crew: Bake cookies for residents of Glen Oaks Nursing Home. Cookie drop-off is at Willow North Shore.CONTACT: Hilerre at [email protected]
SERVING THOSE IN PRISON
• Cook County Jail: Serve men or women as part of a Bible study team.
• Pen Pal Ministry: Be a friend and spiritual coach to incarcerated individuals.
• Kairos Ministries & Women at the Well: Serve as a team member on weekend retreats to bring the hope of Christ to those in prison.
Contact Deanna at [email protected]hanksmail.com to learn more about the serving opportunities above.
SERVING VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
• Selah Freedom: Serve survivors in recovery at a local residential home.
• New Name: Outreach to at-risk women and girls in the northern suburbs (female volunteers) or participate in Helpline Call Center targeting male clients for intervention (male volunteers).
Contact Janet at [email protected] to learn more about the serving opportunities above.
SERVING THE LEADERSHIP OF NOT-FOR-PROFITS
• Barnabas Group: Use your business skills by attending dinners held at Willow North Shore which connect business professionals to faith-based not-for-profits who need your short-term expertise. CONTACT: John at [email protected]
SERVING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS• International Student Connection: Help international students at Trinity International University who are alone in the U.S. by offering transportation, shopping advice, or being a second family for them. CONTACT: Connie at [email protected]