Stewarding our resources to further God's Kingdom
Willow’s online giving platform makes giving back to the church easier than ever. Click the button below to make a one-time or recurring gift via checking/savings account withdrawal, debit, or credit card.
How do I give?
Several safe and secure methods of giving provide convenient ways to offer our tithes and financially contribute to the campuses of Willow Creek Community Church.
- Sunday services: Simply place cash or checks in the offering bag during the collection at any weekend service. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope, so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes. Designate your offering to Willow Crystal Lake.
- Online giving: Online giving allows for a specific dollar amount to be deducted automatically from a checking or savings account. You can set up online giving either as a one-time donation or a recurring gift. Online giving is not only easy, it's also safe and secure. This option helps individuals and families remain faithful in their giving even when they are out of town or unable to attend a weekend service.
- By mail: Mail your donation to Willow's main campus at 67 East Algonquin Road, South Barrington, IL 60010. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes. Designate the Willow regional location to which you would like the offering applied.
Where do my donations to Willow Creek go?
General Operating Fund: Donations to Willow Crystal Lake support its General Operating Fund. This fund makes possible the day-to-day ministries and services of the church.
Special funds: Periodically, opportunities to designate a donation to a specific ministry initiative become available. Celebration of Hope and the Year-End Fund are two examples of ministry-initiative funds with specific start and end dates. To designate your contribution to a specific fund, simply indicate the name of the initiative (e.g., COH or YEF) on the memo line of your check or on your envelope.
How does Willow Creek uphold financial accountability?
Willow Creek is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Willow Creek remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
- An annual audit is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
- ECFA AccreditationWillow Creek is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). ECFA is an accreditation agency that is dedicated to helping Christian ministries uphold high standards for responsible stewardship. For more information on ECFA, visit ecfa.org.
- Anyone may request a copy of Willow Creek’s most recently audited financial statements. Contact us or call (224) 512-6636 to ask general questions about our financial practices.
Relentless | 2018 Year-End Fund
Our goal is 100% participation. So, our prayer is that each person that calls Willow Crystal Lake their home church will give $40 or more to our 2018 Year-End Fund. This kind of widespread generosity–above-and-beyond our regular giving–will bring energy, momentum, and opportunity to a new initiative that will reach new people and deepen hearts for Jesus.
• Celebrate Recovery: We all long for a place to belong. A place to be known. Somewhere we can be free from the hurts, habits, and hang-ups that keep us from thriving in life. This January we will launch Celebrate Recovery, a biblically-based Christian 12-step program that helps men and women find healing and freedom within a community committed to wholeness in Christ. Your contribution to the Relentless Year-End Fund will help create spaces and experiences for those who already call Willow Crystal Lake home, in addition to inviting those in our community to find a safe place to gather, grow, and discover God’s life-changing love. Your giving will fund scholarships covering the cost of materials for participants, and ongoing training for leaders.
• Every Heart, Every Home: Despite the challenges we’ve faced this year, we have not wavered in our commitment to relentlessly pursue God and make known His hope and healing within our region. Your gift to the Year-End Fund will also allow us to close the gap in our 2018 ministry budget, as well as begin 2019 from a place of strength.
To make a contribution to the Year-End Fund, simply indicate "YEF" on the memo line of your check or on your envelope, or you can give online by clicking "Give Willow Crystal Lake" and designate "Year-End Fund".
How can I make non-cash donations?
Many people find creative ways to make contributions to Willow's ministries through non-cash gifts. Here are a few options to consider:
- Stocks and mutual funds: You will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation, and you will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value. Fill out the appropriate form below, send a copy to your broker to authorize the transfer, and send a copy to Willow letting us know how you want the funds applied:
Can I give through estate planning?
Willow Creek has developed a way for you to consider "legacy giving" through the Stewardship Estate-Planning ministry. Designed to help you think through how to provide for your family through your estate, this ministry helps you avoid probate, minimize taxes, and support causes close to your heart. More importantly, it provides a biblical understanding of stewardship and how biblical principles can influence your estate-planning decisions.
Willow offers quarterly workshops for those interested in learning these principles and connecting with an estate-planning professional. If you would like to be notified about the next workshop, please contact Laura Zwart.
How late in the year can I make a donation and receive a credit for this year's taxes?
Per IRS regulations, contributions for each year must be received or postmarked by December 31 of that year in order to receive donation credit for that year's tax purposes. Please submit your online, mailed, or in-person donation accordingly.
Contact: Contributions Team (224) 512-6636