The high school years
The high school years — freshman to senior — are when you learn that church can be fun and transformative at the same time. Our heart is to make Student Impact the kind of place where no one stands alone. Come exactly as you are!
Student Impact at Willow South Barrington worships together on Sunday at 11:15 a.m. in the Lakeside Auditorium. Student Impact is structured with three key focal points:
- Service: During weekend worship gatherings, we sit together in sections with other students from our high school or area. The messages, the music, and the games are targeted towards high school students.
- House Groups: During the school year, we meet together in house groups on Sunday from 1–3 to share a meal and hang out, then break into small groups to study the Bible, connect about life, and pray for each other. Click here to get more information and to find your House Group!
- Small Group: Small Group time is the focus of the final hour (2–3 p.m.), and includes students of the same gender and year in year in school. Each small group is led by an adult leader. Small Group curriculum allows easy discussion on key parts of faith and debriefing questions from the service that day. Small groups are also a safe place for students to share community and build accountability relationships.
BATTLE OF THE HOUSES
On March 25th from 1-3pm in the Activity Center of Willow Creek Community Church, the debate over which House Group is truly the best will be settled in our first ever Student Impact Battle of the Houses! Battle of the Houses is an afternoon of fun and competition!
Taking place during our normal House Group time, each of our 20 House Groups will put their skills, agility, talents, and passions on the line to determine who has what it takes to be crowned the best House Group of Spring 2018. During this event your students, their leaders, and their friends who do not attend Willow will have an opportunity to connect and HAVE FUN!
During Battle of the Houses, there will be a ton of fun options for your students and their friends to engage/compete in to win points for your team including:
• The "Ultimate Challenge” • Knock-out
• 18 Square • Silent disco • Pop-A-Shot
• Super Smash/Mario Kart Tournaments
• And SO MUCH MORE!
We are SO excited for this day and we believe that your student, and their friends who do not know Jesus, need to be there! Admission is FREE for this event so ask your kids who they are bringing, get them there on Sunday March 25th, and raise the hype! We can’t wait for this day! If you have any questions about this event please feel free to reach out to us by email at [email protected]
SAVE THE DATE!
SANDBLAST 2018 - July 27-30Sandblast is Student Impact's summer camp, where student spend extended time away from everyday life to have fun, hang out, and ask big questions about life and faith. This retreat is for graduated 8th graders through graduated seniors.
Visit here to learn about different ways students at Student Impact can volunteer and serve at Willow and in the community around them.
Resources for Parents