Promiseland is the children's ministry of Willow Chicago. We serve families with children by providing safe, age appropriate, faith-filled, Jesus-centered classrooms while parents attend church service.
Your children’s faith journey starts now and we want to partner with you along the way. Our Promiseland staff and volunteers serve as stewards to spread the contagious love of Jesus and plant seeds of lifelong faith with every child.
Promiseland meets in the lower level of Willow Chicago at
We offer five classes to ensure children are learning about Jesus in a way that is appropriate for their age and developmental stage:
· Infants + Toddlers
· 2-3 Year-Olds
· 4-Year-Olds to Kindergarteners
· 1st-3rd Graders
· 4th-5th Graders (during the 11 a.m. service only)
Every Sunday, Promiseland children take part in a fun, interactive learning experience centered in the Bible. Their time spent in Promiseland classrooms is structured into three segments.
- As children arrive on Sunday mornings, each classroom has several Activity Stations set up to engage them in various crafts and activities that support the lesson.
- Then, the children transition to a Large Group setting where they hear an engrossing lesson and experience worship time.
- Lastly, the children break out into Small Groups where they discuss the lesson, pray together, and wrap up their time.
Since we are an urban church located in the heart of Chicago, Promiseland is proud to offer a multicultural curriculum that fosters diversity for all our children. We encourage children to be mindful of each other’s differences and similarities, affirming that each person is made in God’s image.
Our desire is for each child to know God, know His ways, and follow Him by loving and caring for others. We believe great things are to come for this generation of children as they grow into peacemakers, risk takers, leaders, advocates and creatives for the sake of the city.
Stay Connected to Promiseland
Reach out to our Promiseland Staff
- Crystal Givens, Director
- Marie Sarmiento, Communications Coordinator
- Nyad Michaels, Volunteer Coordinator
Willow Chicago offers limited "first come, first served" parking onsite via two parking lots: our north lot (1319 S State St) and our south lot (1347 S State St). Our south lot of seven parking spots is reserved for first-time guests. Additionally, vouchered overflow parking, though not guaranteed during the NFL season, is available at 1 E 8th St. Parking vouchers are distributed after each service.
- L lines: Red, Green, and Orange (Roosevelt Stop)
- Buses: 29 & 62 (13th & State Stop)
- Click here to learn more!
We put a high priority on your child’s safety. We ensure all staff and volunteers are vetted and have security practices in place. Only staff, volunteers, and parents are permitted in the Promiseland area while classes are in session.
- Come to the lower level to drop off your children. Doors open at 8:40 a.m. and 10:40 a.m.
- Stop by the check-in desk and someone will walk you through the registration process.
- Once your children are registered, they can be checked into their class.
- A set of stickers will be printed out:
- The Child sticker, with the child's first name, is to be placed on the child for identification purposes.
- The parent sticker is to remain with the parent(s). When picking up your child after service, the sticker must be shown to security to access the Promiseland area. Then the sticker must be show to the classroom teacher.
- Both the child and parent stickers include a code. The codes must match for the child to be released.
- Someone will guide you to your child's Promiseland classroom to drop them off.
- Make your way upstairs to attend the service.
- Please ensure that your children are picked up from Promiseland within 15 minutes of the conclusion of service.
- Promiseland is offered for 4th-5th Graders during the 11 a.m. service only.