Promiseland is the children's ministry of Willow Chicago. We serve families with children by providing safe, age appropriate, faith-filled, Jesus-centered classrooms while parents attend church service.
Your children’s faith journey starts now and we want to partner with you along the way. Our Promiseland staff and volunteers serve as stewards to spread the contagious love of Jesus and plant seeds of lifelong faith with every child.
Promiseland meets at the Willow Chicago Ministry Center, across the street from the Auditorium Theatre, at 418 South Wabash. Children can be dropped off as early as 9:40 a.m. each Sunday morning.
We offer five classes to ensure children are learning about Jesus in a way that is appropriate for their age and developmental stage:
· Infants + Toddlers
· 2-3 Year-Olds
· 4-Year-Olds to Kindergarteners
· 1st-3rd Graders
· 4th-5th Graders
Every Sunday, Promiseland children take part in a fun, interactive learning experience centered in the Bible. Their time spent in Promiseland classrooms is structured into three segments.
- As children arrive on Sunday mornings, each classroom will have several Activity Stations set up to engage the them in various crafts and activities that support the lesson.
- Then, the children will transition to a Large Group setting where our animated teachers will teach the lesson and lead worship time.
- Lastly, the children break out into Small Groups where they can discuss the lesson, pray together, and wrap up their time.
Since we are an urban church located in the heart of Chicago, Promiseland is proud to offer a multi-cultural curriculum that fosters diversity for all our children. We encourage children to be mindful of each other’s differences and similarities, affirming that each person is made in God’s image.
Our desire is for each child to know God, know His ways, and follow Him by loving and caring for others. We believe great things are to come for this generation of children as they grow into peacemakers, risk takers, leaders, advocates and creatives for the sake of the city.
Stay Connected to Promiseland
- Weekly Newsletter Email
- Reach out to our Promiseland Staff
- Rick Wood, Interim Director
- Crystal Givens, Production Coordinator
- Marie Sarmiento, Communications Coordinator
- Diane Carasig, Volunteer Coordinator
Willow Chicago offers FREE 3-Hour parking vouchers for Grant Park South Parking Garage. Vouchers must be picked up in the Willow Chicago Parking window in Main Lobby of the Auditorium Theatre AFTER Sunday service.
We put a high priority on your child’s safety. People are safe. Physical space is safe. Kids are safe. We ensure all staff and volunteers are vetted and have security practices in place. Only staff, volunteers, and parents are permitted in the building when Promiseland is in session.
- Come over to the Ministry Center to drop off your children. Doors open at 9:40 a.m.
- Stop by the Welcome Center and someone will walk you through the Registration process.
- Once your children are registered, they can be checked into their class.
- A set of stickers will be printed out:
- The Child sticker, with the child's first name, is to be place on the child for identification purposes.
- The Parent sticker is to remain with the parent(s). When picking up your child after service, the sticker must be shown to security to get back into the Ministry Center. Then the sticker must be shown to the classroom teacher.
- Both the child and Parent stickers include a code. The codes must match for the child to be released.
- Someone will guide you to your child's Promiseland classroom to drop them off.
- Make your way back to the Auditorium Theatre to attend the service.
- Please ensure that your children are picked up from Promiseland within 15 minutes of the conclusion of service.
Your First Time at Promiseland