Baptism is an opportunity to share with your community about the decision you’ve made to place your faith in Jesus. Our hope for you is that once you’ve understood what it means to be a Jesus follower, that you can follow that up with the personal decision of Baptism. For more of Willow’s views on baptism, click here.
How do I get baptized at Willow?
We have the exciting opportunity to come together as 7 churches on Sunday, August 22nd, to celebrate all the stories of life change, together as one body of believers. Once you register, your local campus will reach out to walk you through the process and help you along the way.
Register to be baptized!
How do I know if I am ready?
- Jesus-followers are people who have realized that their sins have separated them from God.
- You have given up all efforts to reach God through your own good works or religious activity.
- You have concluded that Jesus’ death on the cross for your sins is the only thing that can bridge the gap between you and God.
- You have decided to trust Jesus alone for your life and salvation.
- Indoor baptismal water is specially treated for your protection.
- We'll ask that you be masked both while you wait in line to be baptized, and after you are baptized (those will be provided to you). You will remove your mask while in the baptismal pool.
- We are asking that you follow the 6-foot social distancing guidelines throughout the Baptism process.
- Please plan on arriving 30 minutes prior to service starting for a brief orientation and welcome.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Wear the clothes in which you’ll be baptized.
- Suggested clothing: dark clothes, long shorts or leggings, swimsuits under clothing (no short shorts, please).
- Bring an extra outfit to change into after getting baptized. After check-in, you will be shown a secure location where you can store your dry clothes and other belongings.
- Bring your own towel. You will receive a towel when you come out of the pool for use while in the building. You may need an extra towel for your way home.
- You will receive a special baptism t-shirt where you can write a word or phrase.
BAPTISM CERTIFICATES AND PHOTOS:
- Baptism certificates will be mailed to you following your baptism service.
- A photo will be taken of your baptism and can be provided to you by your campuses.
MINIMUM AGE FOR BAPTISM:
- 6th grade is the minimum age for baptism.
- Dedications for children younger than 6th grade can be scheduled with your campus.
Does Willow practice infant Baptism?
Rather than baptizing infants or children, Willow encourages Christian parents to dedicate their children. This is a ceremony in which parents formally call upon God’s blessing for their child and publicly commit to raise him or her in accordance with Scripture.
Dedication is not a sacrament; nor does it impart grace or salvation to a child. Salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ as each person recognizes their sinfulness and receives forgiveness and eternal life through Christ and His work on the cross. Click here to read more about child dedication. Read Willow Creek's statements on appropriate age and other requirements.