Divorced or separated?
Willow Creek offers a variety of resources for individuals who have experienced the pain of divorce or separation.
RELATIONAL NEXT STEPS
Start here to address your own personal wellness so you can heal and grow.
Navigating a difficult relationship? Listen to the four-part Boundaries + Bridges workshop (and download the handouts) here.
Looking to break free from unhelpful habits or ways of coping? Find freedom from barriers that hold you back and keep you from having thriving relationships with God, yourself, or others by attending a RECOVER group for men or women whose unhelpful choices are directly affecting their lives (we call these “directly affected groups”). Learn more.
Trying to fix your ex or change the past? Learn to overcome your anger or resentment by attending a RECOVER group for individuals who have been relationally affected by others (we call these “relationally affected groups”). Learn more.
Did your ex betray you sexually? Attend a Life Guide study group in RECOVER. Learn more.
Looking to broaden your relational support system? Here are several options that can help you get connected at Willow Creek and develop a stronger support system:
- Explore joining a small group.
- Join a section community (mid-sized group that sits together during weekend services).
- Volunteer--and meet people who share similar interests.
Looking for a good counselor? Get referrals for licensed Christian therapists near you who take your insurance or accept sliding-scale clients. Call 847-765-5000, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, and ask to speak with a response pastor. Learn more.
Need someone to talk to? Speak with one of Willow Creek’s compassionate, skilled response pastors who can answer questions, hear your story, pray with you, or help you choose next steps that make sense for your situation. 847-765-5000, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday. Learn more.
PRACTICAL OR TANGIBLE NEXT STEPS
Start here for help in stabilizing your financial situation.
Willow Creek’s Financial Stewardship team offers key workshops and helpful downloadable forms to help you plan for your current and future financial picture. Learn more here.
- Financial Peace University (FPU) workshop
- Estate-Planning workshop
- Budgeting Made Easy workshop
- Social Security workshop
The Willow Creek Care Center offers practical help in these areas. Learn more here.
- Legal aid: coaching from licensed lawyers and help navigating the legal ramifications of your divorce.
- Food: The Care Center’s full-choice food pantry is the largest in the state. Guests receive groceries with dignity while their children enjoy the safe, fun environment of Kid Zone.
- Health screenings: Licensed practitioners provide a variety of health screenings on-site.
- Dental & vision care: Guests receive basic dental and vision care from licensed providers.
- Children’s clothing: At the children’s clothing resale store, parents can purchase new or gently used clothes for their children at greatly reduced rates.
- Employment services: Get help finding a job or pursuing a better job through the Job-Seeker Intensives workshops and the Willow Creek Employment Fair. Take ESL classes, learn how to maximize the computer in your job search, and more.