Divorced or separated?
Willow Creek offers a variety of resources for individuals who have experienced the pain of divorce or separation.
STABILIZING YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION
Crystal Lake’s Care Team offers one-to-one financial counseling. We also have downloadable forms to help you plan for your current and future financial picture and DVD’s with workbooks you can use at home. Contact Cheryl McDermott, Care Coordinator for more information, email@example.com or (224) 512-1371.
WE OFFER HELP FOR PERSONAL WELLNESS SO YOU CAN HEAL AND GROW
Divorce Recoveryis a workshop we offer several times a year. Check our Website for the next session.
For men looking to break free from unhelpful habits or ways of coping? Find freedom from barriers that hold you back and keep you from having thriving relationships with God, yourself, or others by attending a RECOVER group for men.
L.I.F.E.: Recovery Group for Men–Living In Freedom Everyday
A year-round support group for men (married or single) seeking spiritual guidance in their quest for sexual purity. We use the workbook L.I.F.E. Guide for Men. Workbooks are available your first night at a cost of $25. Scholarships are available. Tuesdays, 7–9 p.m. For more information email or call Tim at (312) 933-7396.
Men's Christian 12-Step Recovery Group is where men struggling with alcoholism will find weekly support and opportunities for spiritual growth in a safe environment where they can share experiences and gain strength and hope in Christ. Registration is not required. Tuesdays, 7–8:15 p.m.
Looking to broaden your relational support system?
Here are several options that can help you get connected at Willow Creek and develop a stronger support system:
- Explore joining a small group.
- Volunteer and meet people who share similar interests.
For information on any of these relational options email Dawn Szweda, Connections Director, (224) 512-1737.
To connect with someone for prayer and support or a list of Christian counselors call our confidential line at (224) 512-2150.
You may also visit with a Care Pastor after each weekend service near the front of the Auditorium stage.
Want to gain relational insight and tools for moving toward forgiveness? Watch the three-part South Barrington/Lakeside series here.
Looking for a good counselor? Get referrals for licensed Christian therapists near you who take your insurance or accept sliding-scale clients. Call our Care line, (224) 512-2150, Extension1.
Need someone to talk to? Speak with one of Willow Creek’s compassionate, skilled response pastors who can answer questions, hear your story, pray with you, or help you choose next steps that make sense for your situation. Call (224) 512-2150, Extension 1 to talk with a Care Pastor.
Willow’s Care Center at our South Barrington location offers practical help in the following areas. Learn more here.
- Legal aid: coaching from licensed lawyers and help navigating the legal ramifications of your divorce.
- Food: The Care Center’s full-choice food pantry is the largest in the state. Guests receive groceries with dignity while their children enjoy the safe, fun environment of Kid Zone.
- Health screenings: Licensed practitioners provide a variety of health screenings on-site.
- Dental & vision care: Guests receive basic dental and vision care from licensed providers.
- Children’s clothing: At the children’s clothing resale store, parents can purchase new or gently used clothes for their children at greatly reduced rates.
- Employment services: Get help finding a job or pursuing a better job through the Job-Seeker Intensives workshops and the Willow Creek Employment Fair. Take ESL classes, learn how to maximize the computer in your job search, and more.