What do you picture Heaven to look or be like? Do you wonder which Bible verses talk about Heaven and what they have to say about it? God gives us a lot of guidance on what to expect in the real Heaven through various Bible verses about Heaven.
Here is a compilation of Bible verses about Heaven from the New International Version (NIV):
1. John 14:2-3: “My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
2. Revelation 21:4: “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
3. Revelation 21:21: “The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.”
4. Revelation 22:1-5: “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city… No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.”
5. 1 Corinthians 2:9: “However, as it is written: ‘What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived’—the things God has prepared for those who love him.”
6. 2 Corinthians 5:1: “For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.”
7. Matthew 5:12: “Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
8. Matthew 6:19-20: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.”
9. Philippians 3:20-21: “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”
10. Colossians 3:1-2: “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”
We hope you have taken to heart what these Bible verses about Heaven say about what is to come for anyone who places their trust in Jesus.
Want to explore more about Heaven? Check out all our Heaven resources here!
See You on Sundays!
We are one church with locations across Chicagoland and online! We meet each Sunday to connect with God and others while learning from the Bible about how to live on purpose and for a purpose. We have fantastic programs for kids and students, giving them a foundation of faith and community.