Ephesians 4:16 “From him (Christ) the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
Did you know that you have been empowered with supernatural abilities called spiritual gifts?
If you’ve trusted Christ as the forgiver of your sins and leader of your life, God’s spirit, the Holy Spirit, resides in you and you’ve been given gifts from the Spirit to be a force for God’s plan on this earth.
Join the adventure as we discover our gifts and learn who God created us to be. Together we can radiate the love of Christ while fulfilling our unique role in this world.
DISCOVER: How do I get started on discovering my spiritual gift/s?
Pray: If you haven’t trusted Christ yet, simply by prayer, invite Him into your heart to be the forgiver of your sins and leader of your life. He longs to have a relationship with you. Once you have done this, God’s spirit, the Holy Spirit, resides in you and you’ve been given gifts from the Spirit to be used to bless others. Ask God to reveal your new spiritual gifts. If you are a brand new believer, you may also enjoy these other important resources for your spiritual journey.
- Ask: Speak with spiritually mature believers that know you well and ask them what spiritual gifts they see in you. Invite them to read these gift definitions and share what gifts they have noticed in you.
- Serve: Seek serving opportunities noting where you feel most energized and effective. Even if it’s not immediately clear what your gifts are, serve Christ and others anyways. Soon you will come to see where you are most effective and what your spiritual gifts are. Explore a serving opportunity through Serve Finder, the online serving opportunities directory.
- Learn: Several ways to learn more about your spiritual gifts:
- Assess:Request to take an online spiritual gifts assessment to identify your gifts. The test will take approx 20 minutes to complete. Keep in mind that a self-assessment has its inherent shortcomings as it will only point to your possible gifts. The best discovery method is to serve and have other believers speak into and affirm the spiritual gifts they see in you. Once you receive your results, discuss as a family or small group. Contact Sue Hood to request an assessment.
- Watch & Discuss: Watch these videos to learn more about spiritual gifts and use the Small Group Discussion Questions with your family or small group:
SERVING COACH ASSISTANCE
For additional help, sign up to connect with a volunteer Serving Coach to talk through your spiritual gift assessment results and identify a serving opportunity that fits the way God designed you.
Click here to read about which spiritual gifts exist and descriptions of each gift.
Read through the Frequently Asked Questions about Spiritual Gifts.
Sue Hood, Connection & Serving Ministry
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”