Team Serving Projects
On a global team you will be serving alongside our partners to support them in the work they are already doing in their communities. The team will receive information about their specific project one month before the team leaves, but our desire is that our teams are open to serving alongside our partners in whatever way they see fit. Below are some examples of projects your team may be doing:
- Preparing construction sites (home construction, eco-stoves, church construction, or latrines)
- Mixing concrete
- Children’s ministry support
- Please only apply to one team and complete the entire application to be considered.
- Global teams are open to Willow attenders of at least 12 years of age. Minors must be accompanied by a parent, with the exception of Student Impact teams.
- After the application is submitted, the team leader will contact you to schedule an interview. This is a great time to get to know one another and ask any questions you have!
- All teams will have at least four pre-trip team meetings in which each team member is required to attend. The meetings will be led by the team leader and will go through the curriculum Helping Without Hurting in Short-term Missions in order to prepare for the trip.
- Requirements of Trip Acceptance & Registration: Signing an International Travel Release Form, providing your emergency contact information, completing a parental consent form (if 17 years or younger), which must be notarized, providing a copy of your passport, completing Willow’s Protection process, and paying a $250 nonrefundable deposit.
- Willow Creek cannot require any immunizations. We recommend that you contact your primary care physician before traveling internationally.
- The trip cost includes all airfare, lodging, food in-country, transportation in-country, and emergency international medical insurance.
- The trip cost does not include any required or recommended immunizations or medications for travel, passport application/renewal fees, souvenirs, food in the airport, or transportation to the departure airport.
- Payments for global teams are considered donations to Willow Creek and those making deposit payments or fundraising contributions will receive donation credit.
- Upon acceptance to a team, all team members are required to pay a $250 deposit.
- Team members may fundraise for the remaining portion of the trip cost after (1) they have paid the $250 deposit, (2) they have received the fundraising guidelines at the first pre-trip team meeting, (3) their support letter has been reviewed and approved by the team leader.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PARTNER AND COUNTRY BELOW