“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
As a church, we’re excited to build on our strong 42-year foundation and launch Forward—with three vital values we believe God
wants us to focus on in 2018. Let’s courageously ask God to do immeasurably more as we pursue the beauty, power, and
potential of the local church. Let’s ask Him to unleash His power in us and through us,
doing what only He can do across all generations and transforming our world one friend at a time.
Together, let's follow God as He leads us forward.
VISION: We will fight for every Willow family, equipping parents and building into our kids and students to make Willow Creek a premier place to raise a family.
REALITY: Our recent church-wide survey revealed that one of our community’s greatest pain points is navigating the complexity of family relationships. Many marriages are struggling; parents and grandparents feel ill-equipped for their roles; and our programs for kids and students wrestle with shifting cultural dynamics, inconsistent attendance, changes in leadership, volunteer turnover, and the challenges of old spaces. These programs must transform into places where kids and students beg to attend, build lasting friendships, and develop a lifelong faith.
- We will create fantastic spaces for our kids to gather. Through your generosity over these past five years, we’ve overhauled Promiseland and Elevate facilities. Now it’s time to repurpose existing space to create a designated environment for Student Impact, a place where high schoolers can gather, build relationships, and host fantastic events.
- We will infuse new resources into innovative outreach efforts for our kids and students, equipping them to reach their friends with initiatives like outreach events in the local community and a
Student Leadership Summit.
- We will fund a new team that will equip parents and grandparents with a robust offering of quarterly workshops. We will regularly cultivate and send out ongoing resources to help with
best practices in building thriving marriages and families.
- We will begin a new program that provides childcare for volunteers with kids. We can’t fight for families without more volunteers. We want to offer volunteers a first-class experience and the opportunity to regularly attend weekend services and serve on weekends without their kids
having to attend Promiseland multiple times.
VISION: We will call out the best in every Christ follower. We want each person to connect deeply with God and each other, and to live out the full potential of who God has created them to be.
REALITY: We believe that life change happens best by spending time with God and being rooted in a spiritual community. In our culture today, people are increasingly isolated and frenzied. Our recent church-wide survey also showed us how challenging it is for people to engage with God regularly and get connected into small groups or other communities. Imagine what God could do if more of us had an intentional time with God each day and were plugged into relationships that allow us to call out the best in each other.
- We will harness cutting-edge digital tools that will help you create your own spiritual development path and equip you with resources to engage in the Bible.
- We will make it as easy as possible for everyone in our church to get connected into community. We will develop a simple and accessible small-group connection resource in our lobby and online where with one click or one quick visit, you can identify small groups that meet in your community. We will also fund new group experiments and events to draw friends into community.
VISION: We will risk boldly to reach our friends who are far from God—because we believe everyone’s life is better with Christ at the center.
REALITY: There are thousands of people around us who are asking hard questions about life and God. We need to be a community church that meets the spiritual and tangible needs of neighbors near and far, bringing the hope of Christ to those who need it most. Let’s foster a fresh spirit of innovation, let’s recapture our evangelistic fervor, and let’s break out, using our local towns, cities, and even the internet as platforms to share God’s love.
- We will host events in the community and plan strategic events on our campus to create easy invitations and introductions to our church.
- We will develop a mobile Care Center that will travel to the areas of greatest need in Chicagoland and share God’s love with those who cannot come to our South Barrington campus.
- We will take next steps toward planting additional Willow regional campuses to make Willow more accessible to people who live outside of our South Barrington footprint.
- We will expand Willow Creek TV from a simple streaming service into a robust, online church community connecting people from across the globe.
3 Ways to Get Involved
SERVE: Discover your gifts, dive in, and make a difference.
GROW: Deepen your faith, commit to community, and rediscover the thrill of following Christ.
REACH: Risk an invitation, stay faithful, and see lives transformed.
WATCH THE WEEKEND MESSAGE ON FORWARD