The Care Center is a ministry of Willow Creek Community Church. We are committed to offering services that help meet immediate needs as well as services that help build toward a more sustainable future for individuals and families in the Chicagoland area.
Fighting poverty and injustice so that lives are transformed and Jesus is known.
We live out this mission by sharing the hope and love of Christ while meeting basic needs and offering long-term solutions that empower people toward a more stable future.
• Dignity. We believe in creating a radically inclusive community where people are treated with dignity and respect regardless of their ethnic, economic, legal, or religious status.
• Hope. We believe true hope is found in a redemptive relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Transformation. We believe transformation occurs in the hearts of those serving and being served, as God redeems hurting people and broken situations.
We invite you to join us for a hosted tour and Q&A session where you will learn more about the Care Center’s story, our services, and how your organization or church can address the needs in your community. Individuals or groups are welcome for this interactive learning experience. To schedule a tour, please email [email protected].
Ways to Support Us
Here are some of the most helpful ways you can give.
Clothing and Shoes
• Donations may be dropped to the outdoor collection bin in the parking lot between the D and F entrances.
• New or gently used children’s clothing, sizes newborn through children’s 14/16 (XL).
• Donations of children’s socks, undergarments, and pajamas must be new.
• Children’s and adult shoes, all sizes and conditions. Please rubber-band in pairs.
• The C.A.R.S. Ministry of Willow Creek gladly accepts donations of cars, motorcycles, RVs and boats, in any condition. Vehicles are picked up free of charge.
• Qualified vehicles are repaired and cleaned, then given to approved families in need of transportation.
• Junk and clunkers are sold, with proceeds used toward the repair of other vehicles.
• The Computer Connection ministry of Willow Creek gratefully accepts donations of desktop or laptop computers that are no more than 6 years old.
• Computers are refurbished and given to families, individuals, and organizations in need.
• Donations of keyboards, mice, cables, and flat-panel monitors are also welcomed (CRT monitors not
• Donations may be dropped off from 9 a.m.–12 p.m. on Saturdays at the Elgin warehouse, 1385 Madeline Lane, Suite 100, Elgin, IL
• Contributions by cash or check may be placed in the offering during any weekend service. Please be sure to indicate that your gift is for the CARE CENTER. Include your name and address on the check or envelope if you wish to receive credit for tax purposes.
• You may also make your donation by mail. Send your donation to Willow’s main campus at 67 Algonquin Road, South Barrington, IL 60010. Again, please indicate that your gift is for the CARE CENTER and include your name and address for tax purposes.
• Donations of unexpired, commercially packaged food are gratefully accepted at the Care Center during regular hours of operation.
• Items most needed are peanut butter, jelly, soup, cereal, tuna, rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, macaroni & cheese and chili.
Please note we do not accept furniture or electronics as donations.
For questions about donations, please email [email protected]