Gifts for Inmates This ChristmasThis weekend, we carry on the tradition of assembling Christmas gifts for every inmate in Illinois. "The New Testament is clear that we are to remember the prisoner—and this weekend is all about doing that," says Acting Senior Pastor Steve Gillen. "We've heard story after story about how these gifts have brought hope to inmates who are struggling. I'm praying God will use this simple act to show others they are not forgotten, and they are loved and cherished by our great God."
Services will also feature a message from Steve Gillen as we continue our Awestruck series, and an interview with Anthony Ray Hinton, a former death row inmate and author of The Sun Does Shine. Anthony spent 30 years on death row for a crime he didn't commit. Hear his story of incarceration and finding freedom with the help of social justice activist and lawyer Bryan Stevenson.
Go furtherLooking for ways to learn more about incarceration and criminal justice? Seeds Bookstore has two fantastic resources available:
- Prison Saved My Life: I Recommend It For Everyone by Willow Prison Ministry Leader Louis Dooley is Louis's personal story of finding Christ while facing a life sentence for theft and attempted murder. An inmate will receive a free copy with each copy purchased at Seeds. Louis will sign copies near Seeds following each service.
- The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton is a retelling of Anthony's path to freedom and was featured in Oprah's 2018 Book Club. Anthony will sign copies near Seeds following the 5:30 p.m. service this Saturday.
Christmas at Willow Creek
Be our guest at one of six Christmas services at Willow South Barrington! Plan ahead and reserve seats, or simply show up to the service of your choice. Click the service time below to reserve your seats. Make sure to reserve seats for your children in grades 2 and up, as Promiseland is only available for infants–grade 1.
- Saturday, December 22, 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 23, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, December 23, 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 23, 4 p.m.
- Monday, December 24, 1 p.m.
- Monday, December 24, 4 p.m.