DadFest: What You Need to Know
Invite family and friends to DadFest, Chicagoland's largest celebration of dads, on June 17 & 18! “We inaugurated DadFest thirteen years ago as a way to honor and celebrate the role dads play in each of our lives. It’s a fun way for families to connect and enjoy quality time together on Father’s Day,” says Teaching Pastor Steve Carter. “This year, as part of DadFest, we’re excited to unite families from all over Chicagoland around one of America’s favorite pastimes—baseball—in an attempt to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Largest Game of Catch. Regardless of the outcome, DadFest is all about connecting and having fun as a family. We look forward to celebrating with you!"
A wide array of events and activities provide a fantastic environment to honor the men in your life. Here's everything you need to know:
- The second Sunday service will begin at 11:30 a.m. to accommodate guests and traffic flow.
- DadFest activities in the F parking lot will follow the 5:30 p.m. Saturday service and 11:30 a.m. Sunday service. Click here to view the map!
- All dads who attend the 9 a.m. service will receive a free donut from our massive donut wall!
- Click here to sign up to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the Largest Game of Catch—we need you! Bring your own mitts and receive a commemorative baseball.
- Root beer floats and food will be available for purchase, including Chick-fil-A (Saturday only), Culver's, Portillo's, food trucks, and Harvest's gourmet sausages.
- The fireworks show will begin at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.) on Saturday. Pack a blanket, sit by the lake, and enjoy the show!
DadFest also features live entertainment, a scavenger hunt, a high-end car show, monster truck shows, slides for kids, and more! Leadership expert John Maxwell will give a message at all three services, and Cubs owner Tom Ricketts will be interviewed during Sunday's services. Don't miss this great opportunity to celebrate dads and have fun as a family!
Click here to learn more and view the full DadFest schedule of events.