Put Hope in Motion
This Saturday, April 28, thousands will lace up their shoes to run, jog, or walk the Willow Creek 5K. Proceeds from the 5K will be used to build and equip classrooms for kids in the Dominican Republic, Cambodia, and Zambia.
By running the Willow Creek 5K, you will support kids like:
- Mary, a 17-year-old girl from Zambia. Willow's Zambian church partners dig clean-water wells in rural areas, allowing young girls to attend school rather than spending time fetching water.
- Somnang, a 13-year-old boy from Cambodia. Willow's Cambodian church partners provide curriculum that overcomes gender stereotypes and instills the value of education, lowering the chances of boys and girls being trafficked into forced labor.
- Hector, a 12-year-old boy from the Dominican Republic. Willow's Dominican church partners are bringing education to rural areas, making school accessible for kids living in poverty and giving them opportunities they would not have without the church.
Sign up to participate in the Willow Creek 5K to help bring life-changing educational opportunities to kids across the world. If you have kids, bring them! Strollers are welcome, and race day will feature a 100-meter fun run for kids ages three to nine. Registration for the 5K closes at midnight on Wednesday, April 25. Limited walk-up registration is available on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Click here to learn more.
Be Part of God's Global Work
Because of your faithful generosity, Willow Creek is able to support God's work all across the world. Each contribution made during Celebration of Hope will quickly catalyze the tangible, sustainable ministries of Willow’s global church partners, allowing them to share the hope of Christ and fight poverty and injustice in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. And this year, you can designate the area you are most passionate about through online giving!
Explore the Main Lobby this weekend, and prayerfully consider supporting Willow's partners through the following programs:
- Area of greatest need: Help make Willow's global partners' programs for children possible by giving to the Celebration of Hope general fund.
- Water: Support well digging, well repair, and water-system construction to increase children’s access to water.
- Health: From medical treatment to preventative services and initiatives, help improve children’s quality of life.
- Hunger: Provide sustainable sources of food and nutrition for children and families.
- Education: Help offer quality education, equip schools, build classrooms, and train teachers to change a child’s life.
- Children’s Ministry: Share the love of Jesus with children through customized programs for kids.
How to give:
Online: Click here and use the drop-down menu to select the area you wish to support.
In the service: Bring cash or a check this weekend to contribute during our Celebration of Hope offering.