The part time Connection Coordinator at Willow South Lake will champion the value of helping people have accessible and ample opportunities to connect with others and take a next step towards engagement.
This person will oversee the Sunday connection team, care team, and help plan monthly connection opportunities. They will follow up throughout the week to get individuals recommended next steps and streamline the newcomer connection process across ministries, specifically working with the Adult Ministries Pastor to help people get connected to a small group. They will also help and execute large scale church wide connection events. The Connection Coordinator will also coordinate requests to our Care Team (i.e. hospital visits, meals, etc.) The Connection Coordinator will be well networked to formal and informal groups at Willow South Lake to help connect a diverse group of congregants.
- Oversee connection volunteers and the information booth, lead coffee connects and meet people new to Willow South Lake at our Sunday services
- Follow up with people new to our church via email and phone, and schedule meetings with people who want to get connected to coach them to a next step
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers
- Plan, coordinate and execute events
- Attend weekly staff team meetings and others
- Pass along Care requests to the Care Team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very approachable
- Strong customer focus
- Proven good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Skilled at listening and understanding others
- Prior experience in customer service or hospitality fields
- Prior ministry leadership experience is helpful but not required
- Spiritual gifts of administration, discernment, exhortation, shepherding and/or hospitality
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for long stretches of time
View all available positions at Willow Creek.