The part-time Facilities Coordinator will oversee the maintenance of the physical church facility and grounds in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety. This person will oversee installation, repair and upkeep operations of the church’s facilities and ensure that Willow South Lake staff and congregation have the best physical resources available to do ministry and to have community. In addition, this person will lead volunteers who help with operational duties throughout the week and on Sunday mornings. This role is approximately 15 hours per week, but may increase during event weeks.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance schedule, recommend facility improvement plans, do repairs & installations independently and using volunteers when feasible
- Manage relations with contractors & vendors and keep regular maintenance logs and reports
- Oversee landscaping, grounds clean up, snow removal, parking lot care & maintenance, and relationships with vendors and leverage volunteer help when feasible
- Equip and lead volunteer teams to support church operations during the week and on Sunday morning and to assist with facility and grounds maintenance
- Support staff by providing environments that are optimized for ministry including setup and teardown for events or other functions
- Coordinate life safety & facility inspections and ensure facility is in compliance with health and safety policies
- Monitor expenses vs. the budgets for facility and grounds maintenance and recommend cost saving measures as they apply
- Provide on-site facility assistance during the week, as needed and be on-call for emergencies at any time of day
- 3 plus years’ experience in similar facilities role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Degree from a vocational school is a plus
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Well-versed in all maintenance processes and health and safety regulations.
- Spiritual gifts of administration, service and craftsmanship
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more if needed, climb ladders, use cleaning chemicals and be on your feet for long stretches of time
View all available positions at Willow Creek.