At Willow Creek North Shore our church community is open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. As the Campus Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for the facility and operations of Willow North Shore in conjunction with our Core Support Ministry. You’ll act as the liaison between our campus and the Core Support teams as well as assist in community relationships and ministry-wide functions. You’ll ensure people attending our services and events are able to engage with God and our community in a distraction free environment.
- Provide general oversight and management of the internal and external environments of Willow North Shore, ensuring excellence in aesthetic and function for both the congregation and the staff.
- Support future forecasting and implementation of facility usage and best practices.
- Provide ongoing relational & contractual connections with community leaders, City of Glenview, Vendors, etc.
- Collaborate with all Willow North Shore Ministries to ensure smooth operations for day to day function and large events.
- Collaborate with ministries to develop an operations plan to achieve church goals.
- Optimize operations plans to meet changing needs.
- Provide oversight of the teams composed of service hosts, parking attendants, communion and offering procedures, security and medical teams, and coffee operations.
- Under the leadership of the Campus Pastor, provide detailed and administrative management of the financial procedures dealing with spending, accounting, reporting, budgeting, and collections.
- Identifying needs related to ministry operation or facility operations, problem solving solutions, negotiating and obtaining contracts, maintaining key relationships and forecasting the needs for a developing and growing church community.
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS....
Ministries functioning well without major operational distractions and increasing volunteer engagement in areas of your influence.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Budgetary/Financial Oversight - skilled in managing a budget and staying within guidelines
- Project management - ability to effectively manage a project from conception through completion
- Customer Service - provides excellent service to our guests and ministries
- Team Building -- can build teams and identify high capacity leaders to build more teams.
- Developer -- proven track record of developing leaders.
- Coaching -- encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
- Organizer -- can effectively manage details personally, and recruit others to do the same.
- Approachable and relational
- Problem Solver
- Learner -- can take direction and feedback and has a great desire to learn.
- Aligned -- knows Willow, loves Willow, has bought-in to the method, philosophy, and direction of our “one church in multiple locations” model.
- Leader at Home -- no concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his or her family.
- Person of Integrity -- they are a leader worth following in habits, disciplines, and personal decisions.
- Self-Aware -- knows where they have weakness, and finds others to fill in those gaps.
- Disciple -- fully devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Associate Degree preferred, related experience will be considered
- Operations/business background with experience in facilities management
- Experience in problem solving in complex organizations
- Prior experience in expense management.
- Experience leading and managing diverse functional areas or departments.
- Proven team building, leadership and volunteer recruitment.
- Attends or is willing to start attending a Willow Creek Community Church campus as your church home
View all available positions at Willow Creek.