The Building Engineer will operate, maintain, and repair the facility systems and structure and work on construction and grounds projects as assigned. This position will have an emphasis on Operating the building during church service times and working on Electrical, Mechanical, and HVAC systems. There will also be a blending of responsibilities with the Grounds department especially for snow removal and outdoor landscaping projects. Equipping and leading Trades volunteers in any aspect of the work is also required.
- Operate the church facility during service times
- Provide maintenance and repairs to the facility systems
- Accomplish any projects in the building as assigned
- Work on grounds projects and/or snow removal as needed
- Strong skillset and experience in the building trades
- Breadth in a variety of disciplines and technical depth in one or two areas (Electrical, mechanical, HVAC, etc)
- Preference given for those skilled in electrical, computer controls, mechanical, plumbing or HVAC
- Certifications and/or license and training is a plus
- Ability to work well with volunteers and in a team setting
- Strong service mindset
- Positive, hardworking and drive for completion
- Spiritual gifts of service and craftsmanship
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and be on your feet for long stretches of time, also includes climbing ladders, bending and lifting and mechanical work
View all available positions at Willow Creek.