Biblical Stewardship is the understanding that God owns it all, and it is our responsibility to manage the time, talents, and treasures that He has placed in our care to bring Him the most glory. Our Finance and Accounting ministry ensures we are stewarding well the resources we are given.
As the part time Accounts Payable Purchasing Assistant you will assist in executing the process of paying the church’s invoices. Keep vendor information up to date. Assist in reviewing purchase card documentation. You will be a proactive Accounts Payable team member that contributes to the success of the ministry as a whole. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Execute Accounts Payable activities
Audit vendor payments (enter voucher information, review payments for accuracy and completeness)
Review purchase card documentation for accuracy and completeness
Perform edits/audits on completed batches
- Lookup vendor numbers for existing vendors
- Enter E-banking information for vendors
- Enter new vendors into the system
Perform other A/P duties as instructed
- Assist in development and documentation of new procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting A/P issues with church staff or vendors.
- Assist in tracking AP data, specifically Purchase Card usage and completeness.
Staff or Volunteers Supervised
As a staff member in this area, the Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for helping to prepare the work for volunteers and helping to care for them as fellow team members.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Strong attention to detail
Strong problem solving abilities
Effectively manages time & is organized
- Impeccable ethics and values
- Self aware
- Positive customer focus and relating abilities
- Enjoys learning & growing and strong self-development
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
Education & Experience
- Administrative/detail work
- General accounting experience
View all available positions at Willow Creek.