The Volunteer & Events Coordinator will work with Children’s Pastor to oversee the implementation of Promiseland Children’s Ministry (Infant-5th grade) to make curriculum decisions, facilitate connection opportunities, and plan special events. This person will help to coach, develop, train, care for and lead the Promiseland volunteers who serve our kids (ages infant-5th grade), Move Crew (worship motions) and Craft volunteers. In addition, the Volunteer & Events Coordinator will execute small group and large group programming and lead the Preschool/K-3rd/4-5th grade rooms on Sundays. This position must have a passion and drive for caring for our leaders and growing our children spiritually using age appropriate elements of worship, teaching, and play.
- Oversee, coach and develop volunteers and teachers to serve kids with excellence and care
- Collaborate with the Children’s Pastor to prioritize, determine and execute best strategies to execute various elements of the Promiseland vision
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to determine programming elements and coordinate special events
- Teach and lead worship on Sunday mornings on a rotating basis
- Assist with aspects of curriculum programming for large group experiences
- Set up activities and supplies for large and small groups
- Prior experience working with volunteer development and community building
- Experienced in leading others
- Demonstrated experience working with elementary aged children
- Action oriented and able to direct others effectively
- Strong customer focus
- Skilled in building and developing effective teams
- Gifted in organization and planning
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, administration, teaching, wisdom, discernment, shepherding, service and/or hospitality
View all available positions at Willow Creek.