The PromiseTowne Assistant Teacher works with the Room Lead Teacher to plan weekly curriculum objectives, practices, and program philosophy for children ranging from Infants to PreSchool. The ideal candidate ensures that children learn and play in a safe and healthy environment. This part time role is approximately 34 hours per week and includes some benefits.
- Plan both long- and short-range activities with Room Lead Teacher
- Meet the emotional, social, physical, spiritual, and cognitive needs of each child
- Work with Room Lead Teacher to plan weekly programs
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Provide input for bi-annual assessment of children’s development
- Arrange classroom environment in accordance with program goals and philosophy
- Work with Room Lead Teacher to ensure room meets all applicable licensing regulations
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment according to standards
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Keep accident reports and appropriate room records
- Report any suspect of abuse or neglect to supervisor
- Attend staff trainings
- Participate in 15 clock hours of professional growth trainings
- Experience in day care center required
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have at least 6 Early Childhood Education college credits
- 60 total completed college credits preferred
- Knowledge of operations of a day care center and leading teams
- Background in early childhood and elementary education
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds and be on your feet for long stretches of time
The day care center is open Tuesday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm.
View all available positions at Willow Creek.