The Student Impact (High School) Pastor is responsible for carrying out the vision of Willow Creek Student Impact and providing oversight of the ministry at the South Barrington campus. The Student Impact Pastor will provide leadership and support to the Student Impact staff, volunteers, students, and parents. This position will collaborate with the core team and campus leadership to set the direction, vision, goals and initiatives of the ministry.
- Collaborate with student ministries staff and key leaders to recruit, train, and develop a volunteer team for high school ministries
- Oversee, coach and support Student Impact staff and ensure that they are empowered and resourced to equip the teachers and volunteers for excellent programs
- Provide relevant biblical teaching to the students. This teaching can come from a combination of equipping others, partnering with other campus student pastors or core leaders, or preparing and delivering the message yourself
- Through collaborating with the Core Team and other Student Pastors, develop a ministry with highly engaged and motivated volunteers, ensuring they are well equipped, supported, and encouraged
- Build a team to support all high school students at the campus as they take their next steps with God
- Collaborate with the Core Students Director and Next Gen team to determine curriculum for large and small groups, plan for major events, and develop best practices around protection, volunteer and parent engagement
- Love, pastor and shepherd the leaders and volunteers at your campus
- Walk with families through the ups and downs of life -- celebrate with those who are celebrating, mourn with those who are mourning
- Enthusiastically champion all-in church-wide efforts.
- Establish strong channels of communication with all Willow leadership and peers, serving as the primary advocate between your campus staff and Willow Creek Core staff
- Be a champion of the vision for reaching people far from God, and helping each take their next step with God.
- Be an advocate by authentically supporting the strength of being one church in multiple locations, casting vision for the kingdom impact that is possible because of our connection
- Uphold the values of Student Impact, ensure safety, and deliver a fantastic guest experience
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
- Making Disciples - students are meeting Jesus and beginning to take their next steps with God.
- Compelling Environment -- Parents are “dragged back to church” by their students once they experience Elevate and Impact.
- Growing Intentionally -- the student ministries staff is excited when more people are attending, meeting Jesus, taking steps, and participating than were in the previous year.
- Passionate Alignment -- by your modeling, staff and volunteers at the campus are excited about the vision of Willow Creek, and grateful to be connected to something making a difference across Chicagoland.
- Volunteer Development -- there is a culture of high volunteer engagement, and student ministries is led by capable, trained and aligned volunteers.
- Collaborative Creativity -- Elevate and Impact at your campus becomes a breeding ground for creativity and innovation, and shared with the Core team and other Student Ministries Pastors at the other campuses.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Team Building -- can build teams and identify high capacity leaders to build more teams.
- Developer -- proven track record of developing leaders.
- Talent Scout -- always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers
- Total Quality Manager -- looking for ways to improve; sensitive to misses; committed to excellence.
- Cheerleader -- encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
- Carrier of the DNA -- they bleed the mission, vision and values of Willow Creek.
- Solution Specialist -- able to identify problems and find solutions.
- Staff Champion -- cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of the student ministries staff
- Pastor -- has a heart to care deeply for your staff, parents, leaders, volunteers and students.
- Evangelism - Passion for evangelism to middle and high school students.
- Organizer -- can effectively manage details personally, and recruit others to do the same.
- Learner -- can take direction and feedback and has a great desire to learn.
- Aligned -- knows Willow, loves Willow, has bought-in to the method, philosophy, and direction of our “one church in multiple locations” model.
- Conflict Resolver -- unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin.
- Leader at Home -- no concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his or her family.
- Person of Integrity -- they are a leader worth following in habits, disciplines, and personal decisions.
- Self-Aware -- knows where they have weakness, and finds others to fill in those gaps.
- Disciple -- fully devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
Education & Experience
- Student Ministries Pastors likely have an undergrad degree or higher, including Biblical studies. However, it is more important to us that this individual is educated and continues to grow, whether that happens in a classroom setting or other.
- Served in a leadership position at a church or campus size of 2,000 or more (preferred)
- Proven experience leading teams
- Experience caring and shepherding others
View all available positions at Willow Creek.