The Student Impact (high school ministry) Director will inspire and encourage high school students to know the love of Jesus and learn to live for Him by teaching Biblical truth and developing a supportive community. In addition, the Impact Director will understand and develop appropriate and relevant content informed by thorough Bible study and direct relationships with students. The Impact Director will be responsible for carrying out the vision of Willow Creek Student Impact and will have programming, shepherding, and teaching responsibilities within the ministry.
- Oversee development of Sunday programing including teaching, games, and small group time by developing an understanding of felt need from the student body and researching Biblical text to provide theologically accurate and relevant information.
- Coordinate with Worship Department to align worship experience with teaching content.
- Pastor and shepherd high school students through intentional connection and meet with students to provide pastoral support when needed.
- Connect students in groups to provide leadership and feedback about Impact events and vision and also develop student spiritual growth in groups or individually.
- Set up, execute, and tear down Sunday programs and support Elevate Middle School services as needed by Elevate Director.
- Provide support for student events (including Elevate, camps, and other special events) by contributing to development and execution.
- Coordinate development and execution processes for Impact events.
- Connect with other staff and other campuses for programming and support.
- Communicate with parents regarding high school events and teaching through social media and email.
- Recruit, support, and communicate with Impact volunteer team weekly with resources for weekend services.
- 2-3 years experience as a highly engaged student ministry volunteer or paid staff
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or theology preferred, but not required
- Experience in organizing and planning events
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Possesses humor and creativity
- Action oriented with perseverance
- Good Interpersonal savvy and communication
- Skilled in motivating others
- Ability to use computers, Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Spiritual gifts of Leadership, Teaching, Discernment, Exhortation, Shepherding, Evangelism and/or Creative Communication
View all available positions at Willow Creek.