The part time PromiseTowne Substitute Assistant Teacher will assist within a classroom team in accordance to all DCFS regulations, ensuring that the team is responding to and meeting the immediate needs of each child in their care. This is done through providing loving interactions in a nurturing, Christ-centered environment and teaching children through a creative early childhood, developmentally appropriate curriculum. The Substitute Assistant Teacher will participate in providing the highest quality care and early childhood education that parents can trust.
- In accordance with DCFS regulations, ensure that the emotional, social, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs of each child are being met through the planned curriculum and carried out by the teaching team each day
- Assist classroom teaching team as directed by Lead Teacher
- Attend staff trainings and team meetings which may be outside of regular work hours
- Maintain all DCFS and ILDH required certifications, 15+ continuing education hours required each year by DCFS and attend/watch online Willow Creek staff meetings and “all in” staff events
- Knowledge of DCFS regulations and operations of a DCFS licensed full day Early Childhood Education program
- Food Safety and Sanitation certification
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work well within a team
- High level of responsibility, discernment and organization
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in DCFS licensed full day Early Childhood Education program preferred
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Special/Elementary Education preferred
- CPR/First Aid/Defibrillator certification preferred
- Food Manager’s 5 year certification preferred
- Spiritual gifts of Teaching, Discernment, Shepherding, Service, Mercy and Hospitality
- Willingness to be an attender of Willow Creek Community Church
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds, be on your feet for long stretches of time and tolerate bending and lifting
The day care center is open Tuesday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm.
View all available positions at Willow Creek.