Promiseland Children’s Ministry helps kids from birth to 5th grade explore, wonder, and belong so they can know and follow Jesus. As a part of our Promiseland Ministry you will ensure all our campuses provide a loving and exciting environment that spreads the contagious love of Jesus and to plant seeds of lifelong faith with every child.
As the Promiseland Volunteers Coordinator you will oversee a team of volunteers specifically serving in our Early Childhood (birth-5 years old) areas. You will use your skills in team building and servant leadership to manage, support and develop our volunteers. In addition, you’ll be responsible for ensuring a great weekend experience for both the Early Childhood volunteers and kids they serve at our service times. You will help lead and live out the mission and values of Promiseland for our kids.
- Oversee the Early Childhood classrooms at our service times
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and development, as well as volunteer scheduling
- Cultivate relationships with, and develop the Early Childhood leaders and teams to serve the kids in our rooms
- Work alongside Promiseland staff and high capacity volunteers to coach potential volunteers and grow volunteer ownership in the ministry
- Assist with Promiseland-wide events and other Promiseland initiatives as needed
- Assist with church-wide events and other church initiatives as needed
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
building up & encouraging the volunteers who are serving kids to help them grow to know & love Jesus! This role is the “teacher’s teacher”. We want to support and equip our volunteers the best we can, so they can reach every kid at his/her level, so Jesus’s love can be known to them. We are a kid’s ministry and our heart for serving the kids should be evident and inspiring for volunteers to want to do the same.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Passion for volunteer-based ministry
- Interpersonally competent with the ability to relate to the congregation of Willow Creek North Shore
- Ability to give and receive feedback with staff and volunteers
- Strong listening & understanding skills
- Proven developer of people
- Ability to motivate and recruit volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent decision quality
- Ability to share and communicate vision
- Loves Kids - we are a “Kid First” team
- Approachable- welcoming with strong interpersonal skills
- High Emotional Intelligence - able to discern where people should be placed in a role with considerate communication and care
- Hard working - drive for results and able to persevere
- Encourager - motivating, able to recruit volunteers and develop them
Education & Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- Some College or Associate's Degree preferred
- Experience with leading and developing a team
- 1-2 years volunteer leadership experience
- 3-5 years volunteer experience in children’s ministry
View all available positions at Willow Creek.