Promiseland Children’s Ministry helps kids from birth to 5th grade explore, wonder, and belong so they can know and follow Jesus. As a part of our Promiseland Ministry you will ensure all our campuses provide a loving and exciting environment that spreads the contagious love of Jesus and to plant seeds of lifelong faith with every child.
As the Volunteer Experience Lead you will oversee a staff team responsible for all of our Promiseland volunteers as well as a team of volunteers specifically serving in our Early Childhood (birth-5 years old) areas. You will use your skills in team building and servant leadership to manage, support and develop our Volunteer Onboarding Coordinator and Elementary Volunteers Experience Developer. In addition you’ll be responsible for ensuring a great weekend experience for both the Early Childhood volunteers and kids they serve at our 2 Sunday morning service times. You will help lead and live out the mission and values of Promiseland for our kids.
- Oversee the Early Childhood classrooms at our Sunday Service times; cultivate relationships with, and develop the Early Childhood leaders and teams to serve the kids in our rooms
- Collaborate and partner with the Kid Experience Lead to provide the best weekend kid experience possible
- Lead, support and develop two full time employees on our Promiseland Team; Onboarding Volunteers Coordinator & Elementary Volunteer Experience Developer
- Recruit and build up volunteer teams and provide clear and engaging communication for team growth
- Assist with the development and implementation of volunteer trainings
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
building up & encouraging the volunteers who are serving kids to help them grow to know & love Jesus! This role is the “teacher’s teacher”. We want to support and equip our volunteers the best we can, so they can reach every kid at his/her level, so Jesus’s love can be known to them. We are a kid’s ministry and our heart for serving the kids should be evident and inspiring for volunteers to want to do the same.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Strong listening & understanding skills
- Proven developer of people
- Ability to motivate and recruit volunteers
- Strong verbal and digital communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent decision quality
- Ability to organize and handle scheduling updates/changes, resourcing volunteers, and proactively solving challenges with short turn-around times.
- Ability to share and communicate vision
- Loves Kids - we are a “Kid First” team
- Approachable- welcoming with strong interpersonal skills
- High Emotional Intelligence - able to discern where people should be placed in a role with considerate communication and care
- Hard working - drive for results and able to persevere
- Encourager - motivating, able to recruit volunteers and develop them
Education & Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- Some College or Associate's Degree preferred
- Experience with leading and developing a team
- Experience with adult learning best practices and digital platforms for volunteer recruitment and development
View all available positions at Willow Creek.