The Camp Paradise Summer Staff role is a paid position for high school juniors, seniors and college students and allows you to gain valuable experience and make memories that will last a lifetime all while making a difference in the lives of dads and their kids.
As part of a closely-knit team, the Summer Staff runs the daily activities during Camp Paradise sessions, along with cleaning and maintaining all facilities throughout the summer. Skilled worship leaders who play guitar are needed during worship times.
There is one week of training at the beginning of the summer, and sessions run from Mid-June to Mid-August. If you are outgoing, energetic, have a heart to serve, and are looking to invest your time and skills in a place where lives are changed and memories are made, then consider joining our team.
- Supervise and run afternoon activities such as the high ropes course, climbing tower, waterfront, camp store, and archery/BB range
- Clean up and perform general daily maintenance tasks during the sessions including (but not limited to) washing dishes, sweeping and/or mopping after meals, checking and setting up equipment, and sweeping/tidying common areas
- Attend and participate in daily chapel gatherings where there is a worship and teaching time
- Complete session assignments on a rotating basis; these assignments range from emptying garbage to restocking/cleaning outhouses, to starting/supervising fires
- If assigned to “The Six”, work closely with five other staff members to supervise and build relationships with the kids while the dads enjoy solitude and cabin time
- Deep clean and reset Camp between sessions, which involves cleaning all facilities, restocking, raking, mowing lawns, and more
- Participate in team work projects as needed, varying from restocking woodsheds or digging trenches to putting away groceries as a team
- Excellent time-management skills, punctuality, and conscientiousness
- Willingness to invest in building a strong community and sense of teamwork
- Able to perform physical labor such as lifting up to 50 lbs, raking, sweeping/mopping, using cleaning chemicals, and being in constant motion
- Passion to serve campers between the ages of 8-12 who attend with their dads
- Other helpful skills: certified lifeguards and skilled guitar players
View all available positions at Willow Creek.