The part time Special Friends Operations Coordinator works with the Special Friends Director in planning, evaluating and coordinating the ministry’s vision and goals. He or she will champion the safety value proactively on the weekend and ensure all operational logistics are in place for effective and efficient ministry. This role is 15 hours per week and may include some evenings and/or weekends.
- Purchasing, budgeting, replenishing room supplies, and getting rooms ready for weekend and midweek programming as well as event set up and take down
- Support new families through registration process and all necessary follow up
- Provide volunteer management and act as a safety advocate for the ministry by developing systems to effectively move volunteers through onboarding process and onto a serving team within Special Friends and ensure all volunteers are compliant with protection requirements at all times
- Oversee internal and external communications by developing and sending weekly emails to Special Friends families and volunteers, database upkeep and monitoring, event registrations and keeping the ministry website current and up to date
- Collaborate with the ministry team to provide logistical support all Special Friends events including productions, workshops, weekly/midweek classes and community gatherings
- Act as liaison with other Willow Creek ministries to support Special Friends programming and vision including the Special Friends auditorium section and all next Gen ministries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relational savvy
- Strong organizational skills
- Process driven
- Quick thinker able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable
- Prior experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families is a plus
- Spiritual gifts of administration, shepherding and service
View all available positions at Willow Creek.