At Willow Creek, our desire is to see, value, and serve every person who takes a step towards us as a church. This means we work really hard to create physical environments that are not only welcoming, but are inviting. We acknowledge that a large church can be intimidating and overwhelming to navigate. Our goal is to provide safe spaces where those who take a step to attend one of our campuses are excited and comfortable. We want everyone to be seen and free from being distracted as they encounter Jesus and others. To us, it is totally unacceptable for anyone to slip through the cracks as they seek to interact and connect with us.
As the Director of Guest Experience on our Core Team you’ll work with our Guest Experience teams across all 7 campuses to create, manage, and constantly improve the culture and systems that support our vision for caring for our guests - first timers and long timers - from the “streets to the seats and back to the streets” so that they have a positive and memorable experience, with anticipation for the next time when they will be with us again.
- Develop and share the leadership of campus Guest Experience with the Campus Guest Experience Directors.
- Collaborate weekly with the Guest Experience Direction team to work and refine the systems for Guest Experience.
- Help the campus leaders with projects, events, and problem solving.
- Collaborate to develop volunteer roles and volunteer care practices to support the ministry at the campus level.
- Serve as the champion for our Guest Experience strategies, systems, and processes for Willow Creek as a whole.
- Constantly evaluate the processes for improvement and quality control.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Adults Next Step Core Team to help shape and drive the discipleship strategies of Willow Creek.
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
Ensuring every guest is seen, valued, and welcomed at all Willow Creek Community Church campuses so they each have a positive and memorable experience encountering Jesus.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Collaborative leadership
- Systems development and management
- Building effective teams
- Developing volunteers
- Organizational agility
- Written communication skills
- Event Management
- Outgoing, not afraid to engage people in conversation and invite people in.
- Passion for serving people well and attending to the details.
- Understanding of what it takes to create a culture of connection and spiritual growth.
- Can cast vision and lead volunteers.
- Must be a leader of leaders with the ability to delegate easily to others
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team.
- Ability to collaborate with several teams and gain buy in and alignment
- Ability and courage to invite people in to deeper connections.
Education and Experience
- Prior experience in Hospitality and/or Event Management
- Experience leading teams, preferably also volunteer teams
- Ability to set up and manage a budget
View all available positions at Willow Creek.