The Worship Pastor is responsible to craft and lead weekend worship experiences that draw people closer to God. This person leads the worship team in the creation and execution of each service; including brainstorming ideas, managing the process to move those ideas into excellent service elements, and overseeing each weekend experience.
In addition, the Worship Pastor leads worship at each service, recruits and leads bands, coordinates and leads rehearsals. He/She also is responsible for managing and developing the technical director and producer.
- Serves as the primary worship leader at each weekend church service and create environments where people can encounter God
- Recruits and rehearse bands and build tracks
- Manage the worship team to brainstorm ideas and create elements for each service
- Lead, develop and manage the Weekend Team staff and volunteers
- Recruit, train, shepherd, encourage and disciple volunteers for bands, vocalists, technology and other weekend roles
- Oversee administrative details surrounding the weekend service, including chart writing, scheduling, etc
- Network with other church campus counterparts including proactively seeking out relationships at other campuses
- Proficient worship leader and strong vocalist, and preferably a proficient instrumentalist
- Ability to lead a band, write charts, and create tracks
- Prior experience creating teams and coaching them to excellent execution
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Collaborative team builder
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to recruit and shepherd volunteers
- Strong attention to detail
- Spiritual gifts of leadership administration, and shepherding
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs., climb ladders, and be on your feet for long stretches of time
View all available positions at Willow Creek.