The Technical Director (TD) is the primary owner and operator of all technical systems in the auditorium. The TD is responsible for creating a distraction free environment that engages and inspires people to pursue a relationship with God. The major aspects of this position are: systems, weekend production planning and execution, volunteer care, and creation of content.
- Enable execution for all events and services including planning for sound, staging, lighting, video and on weekends make sure cues are called, and everything is technically executed properly
- Maintain and plan upgrades for all systems, first in the auditorium and also assist in the rest of the building as well as it pertains to events
- Recruit, train, shepherd and develop volunteers to manage technical needs as is necessary
- Act as an integral part of the content creation process by working closely with the producer to determine weekend needs and engage in creating content
- Network with counter parts at all Willow campuses to ensure having the most current information and excellent resources
- Good administrative skills with strong detail orientation
- All major systems knowledge: Video systems (iMAG), Audio, Lighting, CG, Video editing software, stage design/setup, etc.
- Technical learning aptitude – the ability to actively seek out new technologies, learn them quickly, and teach them to others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in technical and non-technical environments
- Prior experience in production in a church or secular environment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Education in a technical field
- Spiritual gifts of shepherding, administration, discernment and/or creative communication
View all available positions at Willow Creek.