Welcome! We’re thrilled you’re exploring what it means to be part of the 2:42 Community at Willow Creek Community Church. Below, you’ll see the three primary ways people can choose to belong here. Joining the 2:42 Community is a significant step toward integrating into the life of the church. Explore the information in this complete 2:42 Guidebook to help you get to know Willow Creek as your potential church home.
If Willow Creek is your home church and you can declare the following, then 2:42 Community is for you.
1. I am a follower of Jesus.
2. I have been baptized since becoming a Christian.
4. I agree not to be divisive.
5. I want to help build this church by using my gifts and resources for God.
Those who are part of this community have read and signed the Willow Creek Leadership Covenant, completed a leadership interview, and declared the following:
1. I am part of the 2:42 Community.
2. I commit to leading a spiritually surrendered life.
3. I commit to displaying a Christlike attitude in every interaction.
4. I model a whole-life commitment to the church’s beliefs, values, and strategies.
5. I commit to pursuing a life above reproach.
6. I commit to giving God my best as I serve and lead in my current role(s).
Please connect with your pastor or ministry leader in your area to discuss next steps.