Find life after loss
When life deals you a deep loss, where can you turn?
REBUILD workshops offer comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after a significant loss—such as the death of a loved one, infertility, stillbirth, or a miscarriage. REBUILD offers its core workshop each spring and fall, and topical events and classes throughout the year.
What will you experience in REBUILD's core workshop?
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from Chrissie Steyn, LCPC, and a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss.
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a similar loss.
- Practical tools for helpful grieving and spiritual guidance for understanding where God fits in your story.
Dates: 7:30–9 p.m., Wednesdays, January 25–March 22
Location: Blue Sky 2
- Death of a spouse
- Death of a parent
- Death of a child
- Death of a sibling, other relative, or close friend
- Miscarriage, infertility, or infant death
To find a counselor who can help you in this season, call the church at 847-765-5000 and ask to speak with a response pastor. Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who specialize in helping people process a significant loss. Learn more.
To learn more about REBUILD or volunteer, contact Chrissie (224-512-1827).
FALL 2016 REBUILD: Finding life after loss
Dates: 7:30–9 p.m., Wednesdays, September 14–November 16
Location: Blue Sky 2 (From the water wall in the Main Lobby, go down the stairs and turn right.)
Miss a session from Fall 2016? The audio file and handout for each session will be posted below for one week following its release date.
- 9/14, REBUILD 1, "Am I alone?" Audio | Handout
- 9/21, REBUILD 2, "Will I survive?" Audio | Handout
- 9/28, REBUILD 3, "How does grief affect me?" Audio | Handout
- 10/5, REBUILD 4, "Can I manage my grief?" Audio | Handout
- 10/12, REBUILD 5, "Where is God in my story?" Audio | Handout
- 10/19, REBUILD 6, "How do I express sorrow?" Audio | Handout | Printable lament template
- 10/26, REBUILD 7, "Where are my people?" Audio | Handout
- 11/2, REBUILD 8, "Where can I find practical help?" Audio | Handout
- 11/9, REBUILD 9, "How do I handle the holidays?" Video | Audio | Handout | Personal Planner
- 11/16, REBUILD 10, "How do I move forward?" Audio | Handout
Child Grief Support
Kids tend to grieve differently from adults. This ten-week program, offered at Willow South Barrington in conjunction with REBUILD, helps kids (kindergarten–grade 5) who are grieving the death of a parent, sibling, close relative, or friend.
What happens at Child Grief Support? Children engage in age-targeted activities that help them express and process their loss. Games, drama, art, journaling, storytelling, and imaginative play are led by compassionate leaders who understand kids and loss.
Note: Those registering for this core workshop also will be included in the Handling the Holidays workshop described below.
Volunteer for Child Grief Support.
Contact: Kirsten Hitchcock 224-512-1791
Grief counseling for kids: Willow Creek’s Counselor Referral Network (CRN) includes a number of skilled, compassionate therapists who can help people process a significant loss. Ask for a therapist who specializes in child grief. Learn more.